Wednesday, June 22, 2011

@Orange Star — it's always fresh!



Today, after running all over town, I was ready for some refreshment. I had ice cream on my mind and when I stepped into Orange Star (just 1 mile from the entrance of Zion National Park). After a quick look at the menu I could see they offer more than just Frozen Yogurt. They also have a nice selection of made-to-order sub sandwiches, smoothies with fresh fruit and blended-in extras, and of course their famous fresh-squeezed orange juice.

Click on image
What do I want, I asked myself. I saw they had shakes for $5.00. Perfect, I said to myself. "I take a shake!" Then the girl behind the counter looked up at the menu and asked me what kind of shake I would like... as my eyes followed her eyes, I could see a list of seven or more choices. "I want chocolate...Angle's Landing" I said after a few uncomfortable seconds. Then I heard my selection repeated back to me in the form of a question. Just to confirm I added, "Yes, that sounds good." In a few moments, I found out just how good it was. The feeling lasted for hours--in fact, as I sit here typing up this blog entry, I can still feel the cooling sensation of that wonderful refreshment in my throat. Angle's Landing is the perfect name for a perfect shake!






Next door you will find Zion Cycles. Full service bike shop. Stop in for trail info & directions, repairs, logowear, clothing, parts & accessories. Large selection of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment