Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Eureka! I found it.

Wow! I really live here how. Amazing. As I pulled the U-Haul into the drive way of my new home near Zion Nation Park, I was eager to get some sleep. I have been up all day and all night. By all rights I should be dog tired. On the contrary. I am full of energy, and my mind is racing with the possibilities my new life here in Springdale will bring.



The beauty all around me is too much to take in. After a show ride to the neighboring park, it hit me. I should start writing a blog. I should start today. "This will be the first day of the rest of my life" I told myself.

Never before did I have anything worthy to blog about. Yes, as a writer at heart, the need to blog was there, but all I could seem to come up with in the past was reposting trends and obscure news stories about now bad things had become in the world and American in particular. Looking at my earliest post, you can see what was on my mind then.... and from then until I was trapped in the time warp of watching a train wreck of a government push us in the wrong direction.


This time it would be different. This time I would blog about how positive my world is, not how ugly our government has become. Three years of my life has been wasted on the kind of thinking, and for what? Finally, I had to take a hard look at myself. When I did, I didn't like what I saw... I just didn't like the direction my thoughts had been taking me for the past three years. Now, with my move to Zion all that changes--starting now.

The world is your mirror. It reflects back to you what you are putting out. If you do not like the reflection Life is showing you, then change that which is causing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment